Just Dance is a popular dance video game that can be played on a variety of consoles, including the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It is a fun and engaging way to get exercise, and it can also help you lose weight.
How does Just Dance help you lose weight?
Just Dance helps you lose weight by burning calories. The amount of calories you burn will depend on your weight, activity level, and the difficulty of the songs you choose. However, a study published in the journal Obesity found that people who played Just Dance for 30 minutes three times a week lost an average of 2 pounds over a 12-week period.
Another benefit of Just Dance is that it is a low-impact activity. This means that it is easy on your joints, making it a good option for people of all fitness levels.
How to lose weight with Just Dance
If you want to lose weight with Just Dance, there are a few things you can do to maximize your results:
- Choose challenging songs. The harder you work, the more calories you will burn.
- Play for at least 30 minutes at a time. This will give you enough time to get into a calorie-burning zone.
- Sweat it out. If you are not sweating, you are not working hard enough.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is important for overall health and for preventing muscle cramps.
Here are some additional tips for losing weight with Just Dance:
- Make Just Dance part of your regular workout routine. Aim to play for at least 30 minutes three times a week.
- Listen to your body. If you are feeling pain, take a break.
- Have fun! Just Dance is a great way to get exercise and relieve stress.
Sample Just Dance routine
Here is a sample Just Dance routine for weight loss:
- Warm-up: Start with some easy songs to warm up your muscles.
- Workout: Play a variety of songs at different difficulty levels.
- Cool-down: Finish with some easy songs to cool down your muscles.
- “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga
- “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
- “Black Widow” by Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora
- “Swish Swish” by Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj
- “Bad Blood” by Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
Just Dance is a fun and effective way to lose weight. It is a low-impact activity that is suitable for people of all fitness levels. To maximize your results, aim to play for at least 30 minutes three times a week and choose challenging songs.
- Just Dance: https://www.justdance.com/
- Effect of Just Dance on Body Weight and Composition in Overweight Adolescents: A Randomized Controlled Trial: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4662635/