Graphic design is a creative and in-demand field that offers many opportunities for professionals with the right skills. If you’re interested in becoming a graphic designer, there are a number of online courses that can teach you the fundamentals of the trade.
This blog post will discuss some of the best online courses for graphic design, as well as the benefits of taking an online course and how to choose the right one for you.
Benefits of taking an online graphic design course
There are a number of benefits to taking an online graphic design course, including:
- Convenience: Online courses can be taken from anywhere, at any time, making them ideal for busy adults and students.
- Affordability: Online courses are often more affordable than traditional college courses.
- Variety: There is a wide variety of online graphic design courses available, so you can find one that meets your specific needs and interests.
- Flexibility: Online courses typically offer flexible schedules, so you can work on your coursework at your own pace.
How to choose the right online graphic design course
When choosing an online graphic design course, there are a few factors to consider:
- Curriculum: Make sure the course covers the topics you’re interested in learning about, such as typography, color theory, and layout.
- Instructor: Choose a course taught by an experienced and qualified instructor.
- Format: Consider whether you want to take a self-paced course or one with live instruction.
- Cost: Compare the cost of different courses before you enroll.
Some of the best online courses for graphic design
Here are a few of the best online courses for graphic design:
- Graphic Design Specialization (Coursera): This specialization offered by the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) covers the fundamentals of graphic design, including typography, color theory, layout, and branding.
- Google UX Design Certificate (Coursera): This certificate program teaches you the skills you need to design user experiences for websites and apps.
- Graphic Design for Beginners (Udemy): This course covers the basics of graphic design, such as using Adobe Creative Suite and creating different types of graphics.
- Complete Graphic Design Course (Skillshare): This course covers a wide range of graphic design topics, including branding, logo design, and typography.
- Adobe Illustrator CC MasterClass (LinkedIn Learning): This course teaches you how to use Adobe Illustrator to create vector graphics.
Taking an online graphic design course is a great way to learn the skills you need to start a career in graphic design. There are a number of great courses available, so be sure to do your research and choose one that’s right for you.
- Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/specializations/graphic-design
- Skillshare: https://www.udemy.com/topic/graphic-design/
- LinkedIn Learning: https://www.udemy.com/course/illustrator-cc-masterclass/
- Wikipedia: https://www.rasmussen.edu/degrees/design/blog/what-is-graphic-design/
- CreativeLive: https://blog.shillingtoneducation.com/best-online-graphic-design-programs/
- Design Tuts+: https://blog.shillingtoneducation.com/best-online-graphic-design-programs/